exp. minus one is a 32-page video game 'zine entirely written and produced by Mathew Kumar, a renowned video game journalist that has written for publications including Edge Magazine, Gamasutra, Eurogamer and Rock, Paper, Shotgun.
Intended to offer a different and defiantly print-orientated style of video game writing, the magazine takes the form of several experiential articles considering the games Mathew experienced from the 21st September to 25th October 2009 (though not in chronological order.) The articles aren't reviews or critical essays, and are instead intended to reflect the thoughts had while playing.
In this issue:
- Trials HD (A trial of my writing skills)
- Shadow Complex (A secret transcript of an awful plot)
- Punch Out!! (A failed poem)
- Metal Gear Ac!d (An absurdly complex DIY boardgame for one)
- Red Faction Guerrilla (A dream of a spaceship)
- S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl (A relentless requirement for progress)
- Super Metroid (A forgotten x-ray scope)
These articles will NEVER appear online. This is the third edition (following the special, limited version produced only for sale at Canzine, Canada's largest 'zine fair.)